Friday, April 30, 2010

Keep It Going!

Okay, so the first time I prayed over JJ was quite the experience, especially for me being a first-timer. Well, it wasn't my very first time speaking in tongues because I spoke in tongues soon after I got saved in my early 20's (1980's). But when I met my ex-husband he told me I couldn't speak in tongues because it was from the devil. I only wanted to follow God's path for my life (I don't know why I thought my ex knew what God's path for my life was) so I left my church and my friends and I refrained from ever speaking in tongues again - for about 25 years. Although, occasionally the desire to speak in tongues would come upon me and a word or two would slip out of my mouth but I would always force myself to stop.

I know now that repressing a spiritual gift is a horrible thing to do to oneself because God's purpose for our lives is to use our talents, skills and spiritual gifts for Him. (see my Blog on "Our God-Given Purpose" at http://gpurpose.blogspot.com). When we refuse to live our lives according to the way God created us to be then we get in all kinds of trouble!

So, here I am now on the path to spiritual health and healing and what is the by-product of that...? Other people's lives are being transformed for the better as well. What a wonderful God we have!! And what a privilege to be a part of His plan!

One last thing I'd like to mention in this post is I want to thank all of the people who have poured their lives, talents, skills and spiritual gifts into my life. I never could have come this far without the Body of Christ - and you know who you are :)

Loads of love and learning still!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment